Friday, November 18, 2011

Tis the season

Well, it's that time of year when we all like to endulge on sweets and home-baked goodies. i recently found out that a lot of people i know, are not the baking type/ are afraid of baking in general. So, I usually take on the sole role for providing all the goodies =) I simply don't mind since at an early age, my grandmother and mother brought me into the kitchen and taught me how to make everything from scratch. Ever since then, I have had a passion for not only baking but to try new things. As an adult, I have to make my own frosting. The store bought kind just doesn't do it for me. Plus, making buttercream frosting is really easy! All you need is a box of powdered sugar, butter and milk. That's it! pretty easy :) And if you want different colors, just add in some food coloring of your choice. Sure, it may be easier to buy a store bought cake or pie but i prefer to make mine from scratch and i know what's in it. I now get a lot of my cooking/baking inspiration from Paula Dean and Buddy from Cake Boss. They are not afraid to try new things and cook/bake with butter. I may not use as much butter but it still turns out just as good :)

I am not the type to go gluten free. I was with someone in the past who was allergic to everything and that my made my cooking/baking not as fun. Thankfully my boyfriend Sam can eat anything, haha so it makes baking really joyful for me. With Christmas season here, I am ready to bake like crazy. I am even starting a cake side business.  Here is a few cakes that i have made:


 

So the first one is a pool table cake i made for my boyfriend and the second cake was for a girlfriends daughter. I hope to post more pictures as Thanksgiving and Christmas comes closer. And recipes will soon follow on here to share with everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment